Natrelle® Breast Implants Important Information
Who may get breast implants (INDICATIONS)? Natrelle® Breast Implants are approved for women for the following:
- Breast augmentation for women at least 22 years old for silicone-filled implants.
- Breast augmentation for women at least 18 years old for saline-filled implants. Breast augmentation includes primary breast augmentation to increase breast size, as well as revision surgery to correct or improve the result of a primary breast augmentation surgery.
- Breast reconstruction. Breast reconstruction includes primary reconstruction to replace breast tissue that has been removed due to cancer or trauma or that has failed to develop properly due to a severe breast abnormality. Breast reconstruction also includes revision surgery to correct or improve the result of a primary breast reconstruction surgery.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION Who should NOT get breast implants (CONTRAINDICATIONS)?
- Women with active infection anywhere in their body.
- Women with existing cancer or pre-cancer of their breast who have not received adequate treatment for those conditions.
- Women who are currently pregnant or nursing.
What else should I consider (WARNINGS)?
- Breast implants are not lifetime devices, and not necessarily a one-time surgery.
- Many of the changes to your breasts following implantation cannot be undone. If you later choose to have your implant(s) removed and not replaced, you may experience unacceptable dimpling, puckering, wrinkling, or other cosmetic changes of the breast, which may be permanent.
- Breast implants may affect your ability to breastfeed, either by reducing or eliminating milk production.
- Rupture of a silicone-filled breast implant is most often silent and may not be detected by you or your doctor. You should have an MRI 3 years after your surgery and then every 2 years after that for as long as you have your breast implants to determine if rupture is present. If implant rupture is noted on an MRI, you should have the implant removed, with or without replacement.
- With breast implants, a routine screening mammography and self-examinations for breast cancer will be more difficult. Ask your doctor to help you distinguish the implant from your breast tissue. Symptoms of a ruptured implant may be hard knots or lumps surrounding the implant or in the armpit, change or loss of size or shape of the breast or implant, pain, tingling, swelling, numbness, burning or hardening. Tell your doctor of these symptoms and remove ruptured implants.
- Inform any other doctor who treats you of the presence of your implants to minimize the risk of damage to the implants.
What types of conditions require more study (PRECAUTIONS)? Caution: Notify your doctor if you have any of the following conditions, as the risks of breast implant surgery may be higher:
- Autoimmune diseases (for example, lupus and scleroderma).
- A weakened immune system (for example, currently taking drugs that weaken the body’s natural resistance to disease).
- Planned chemotherapy following breast implant placement.
- Planned radiation therapy to the breast following breast implant placement.
- Conditions that interfere with wound healing and blood clotting.
- Reduced blood supply to breast tissue.
- Clinical diagnosis of depression or other mental health disorders, including body dysmorphic disorder and eating disorders. Please discuss any history of mental health disorders with your surgeon prior to surgery. Patients with a diagnosis of depression or other mental health disorders should wait for resolution or stabilization of these conditions prior to undergoing breast implantation surgery.
What are some complications with breast implants (COMPLICATIONS)? Key complications are reoperation, implant removal with or without replacement, implant rupture with silicone-filled implants, implant deflation with saline-filled implants, and severe capsular contracture (severe scar tissue around the implant). Other complications include asymmetry, nipple/breast/skin sensation changes, scarring or wrinkling/rippling. Talk to your doctor about other complications.
What is BIA-ALCL? Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) is a type of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (cancer of the immune system). While uncommon, BIA-ALCL has been associated with silicone and saline breast implants. In most cases, BIA-ALCL is found in the scar tissue and fluid near the implant, but in some cases, it can spread throughout the body. In most cases it is treated successfully with surgery to remove the implant and surrounding scar tissue, and in some patients, also treatment with chemotherapy and radiation therapy. BIA-ALCL is most commonly associated with textured implants. If you are experiencing symptoms of persistent swelling, the presence of a mass, or pain in the area of an implant months or years after your implant surgery, please contact your healthcare provider.
Talk to your doctor. For more information see the Patient Brochures at www.allergan.com/labeling/usa.htm or call the Allergan Product Support line at 1-800-433-8871.
To report a problem with Natrelle®, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-42611-800-624-4261.
Natrelle® Breast Implants are available by prescription only.
Natrelle® 133 Tissue Expanders Important Information
Approved Uses Natrelle® 133 Tissue Expanders are approved for breast reconstruction following mastectomy, treatment of underdeveloped breasts and treatment of soft tissue deformities.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION Who should NOT get tissue expanders? Do not use if you:
- Already have implanted devices that would be affected by a magnetic field.
- Have tissue unsuitable for expansion.
- Have an active infection or a residual gross tumor at the expansion site.
- Are undergoing adjuvant radiation therapy.
- Have a physiological condition (e.g., obesity, smoking, diabetes, autoimmune disease, hypertension, chronic lung or severe cardiovascular disease, or osteogenesis imperfecta) or use certain drugs (including those that interfere with blood clotting or affect tissue viability) that may result in a high risk of surgical and/or postoperative complications.
What else should I consider?
- Natrelle® 133 Tissue Expanders should NOT be used in patients who already have implanted devices that would be affected by a magnetic field.
- Active infection anywhere may increase risk of infection around the tissue expander. Certain infections may require premature removal of the device.
- Natrelle® 133 Tissue Expanders are temporary devices, and are not to be used for permanent implantation or beyond 6 months. Tissue expansion in breast reconstruction typically requires 4 to 6 months.
What are possible complications? Deflation, tissue damage and/or appearance of the implant through the skin, infection, unwanted shape, unintended blood or fluid collection, capsular contracture (tightening of scar tissue that causes the breast to harden), premature device removal, bone/pain/sensation changes, and inflammation.
To report a problem with Natrelle®, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
For more information, please visit www.allergan.com/labeling/usa.htm or call the Allergan Product Support line at 1-800-433-8871.
Natrelle® 133 Tissue Expanders are available by prescription only.
BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) Important Information
Approved Uses BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION BOTOX® Cosmetic may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems any time (hours to weeks) after injection of BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, due to weakening of associated muscles, can be severe and result in loss of life. You are at the highest risk if these problems are pre-existing before injection. Swallowing problems may last for several months
- Spread of toxin effects. The effect of botulinum toxin may affect areas away from the injection site and cause serious symptoms including: loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness, double vision, blurred vision and drooping eyelids, hoarseness or change or loss of voice, trouble saying words clearly, loss of bladder control, trouble breathing, and trouble swallowing. If this happens, do not drive a car, operate machinery, or do other dangerous activities
The dose of BOTOX® Cosmetic is not the same as, or comparable to, any other botulinum toxin product.
There has not been a confirmed serious case of spread of toxin effect when BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used at the recommended dose to treat frown lines, crow’s feet lines, or both at the same time.
Serious and/or immediate allergic reactions have been reported. They include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
Do not take BOTOX® Cosmetic if you: are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic (see Medication Guide for ingredients); had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA), or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA); have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
Tell your doctor about all your muscle or nerve conditions, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease), myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, as you may be at increased risk of serious side effects including difficulty swallowing and difficulty breathing from typical doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including: plans to have surgery; had surgery on your face; weakness of forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows; drooping eyelids; any other abnormal facial change; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby); are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed (it is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk).
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Using BOTOX® Cosmetic with certain other medicines may cause serious side effects. Do not start any new medicines until you have told your doctor that you have received BOTOX® Cosmetic in the past.
Especially tell your doctor if you: have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months; have received injections of botulinum toxin, such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past (be sure your doctor knows exactly which product you received); have recently received an antibiotic by injection; take muscle relaxants; take an allergy or cold medicine; take a sleep medicine; take aspirin-like products or blood thinners.
Other side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic include: dry mouth, discomfort or pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, neck pain, and eye problems: double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes.
For more information refer to the Medication Guide or talk with your doctor.
To report a side effect, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871.
Please see BOTOX® Cosmetic full Product Information including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide.
LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% Important Information
LATISSE® is an FDA-approved treatment to grow eyelashes for people with inadequate or not enough lashes.
Important Safety Information
If you use/used prescription products for eye pressure problems, use LATISSE® under doctor care. May cause brown darkening of the colored part of the eye which is likely permanent. LATISSE® may cause eyelid skin darkening which may be reversible. Only apply at base of upper lashes. DO NOT APPLY to lower lid. Hair may grow outside the treatment area. If you have eye problems/surgery, consult your doctor. Common side effects include itchy and red eyes. If discontinued, lashes gradually return to previous appearance.
To report a side effect, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871.
Please see LATISSE® full Product Information .
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC Important Information
APPROVED USES JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is for injection into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur to temporarily add volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC? Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my healthcare professional advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gels for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC for use in patients under 18 years and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC for patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area and the safety of repeat treatments in patients has not been studied
- There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your healthcare professional if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your healthcare professional if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
What are possible side effects? For JUVÉDERM® XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.
For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM® XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
For more information, please see www.juvederm.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gels are available by prescription only.
Through this article, we hope to help you have a better understanding about Gummy bear implants near me the best and most detailed compiled and edited by vestasoft.org